It takes all three “legs” to support our businesses and
households—the Federal Government, the Petroleum Sector,
and all other resources combined! For 20 years now, Alaska’s
prosperous and growing economy has enabled us to
successfully operate private businesses. In today’s uncertain
times, it is essential that each Alaskan understand and actively
support our economy—the “three-legged stool”—in order
to keep it strong.
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 3 April 2015
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 3 March 2015
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 3 February 2015
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 3 January 2015
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 December 2014
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 November 2014
- AEDC Employment Report October 2014
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 October 2014
- AEDC Employment Report September 2014
- Tim Bradner: Time for a long, hard look at Alaska's fiscal future
- Alaska Common Ground: Alaska’s Fiscal Future Forum
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 September 2014
- AEDC Employment Report August 2014
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 August 2014
- AEDC Employment Report July 2014
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 July 2014
- Tim Bradner: Legislators on both sides agreed ACES needed changes
- Tim Bradner: How SB 21 attempts to solve the problems with ACES
- Tim Bradner: Behind the criticism of SB 21 and the effort to repeal it
- Tim Bradner: The evolution of Alaska’s oil taxes
- Tim Bradner: Producers erase decline for FY 2014, Alaska Journal of Commerce
- ISER: Where Did the 2 Billion Go?
- Alaska's Economy, Vol 2 June 2014
- AEDC Employment Report May 2014
- The Role of the Oil and Gas Industry in Alaska’s Economy, May 2014
- ISER: Comparing the Old and New Oil Production Tax
For more news on ensuring Alaska’s economic foundation for the future, sign up for email alerts.
Our PFD relies on Big Oil, too!
The Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) check that most Alaskans receive each year has been a beloved state tradition since 1976.
Did you know that over 20 percent of the Permanent Fund’s top 50 stock holdings is made up of oil and gas companies? When these companies make money, the Fund profits and Alaskans benefit from a good investment. Fostering a healthy, high-performing Permanent Fund is another reason why Alaskans have good reason to celebrate oil and gas companies’ solid financial performance.
· Information provided by the Alaska Oil & Gas Association (AOGA)